As a refresher, Google My Business is a free online tool provided by Google that allows businesses to manage their online presence across various Google services, such as Google Search and Google Maps. Here are seven of our expert tips for making your Google My Business profile as impactful as possible.
- Ensure Information Accuracy: GMB allows you to provide accurate and up-to-date information about your community, such as address, phone number, business hours, and website. This helps customers get the information they need quickly and reduces the likelihood of misunderstandings or frustrations. Make sure your business information is always up to date and correct!
- Promote Visibility in Local Searches: GMB helps businesses appear in local search results when people are looking for products or services in their vicinity. This is crucial for attracting local customers who may be searching for businesses like yours. Make sure your information reflects the correct location, and check your Google Map placement as well.
- Showcase Community Care Levels: In your GMB “About” section, you’ll want to make sure you list all the care levels your senior living community offers. This way, those who are seeking care for a loved one will know right away whether the level of living they need (for example, assisted living or memory care) is offered. Additionally, it can be a chance to promote communities that offer the full continuum of care as Life Plan Communities.
- Solicit Reviews: Potential residents and their families are known to check online reviews about a community before pursuing residency. Regularly ask residents, families and visitors for reviews on your profile. Positive reviews can build trust and attract new customers, while negative reviews provide an opportunity for businesses to address concerns publicly and demonstrate their commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Add Compelling Photos and Videos: You can showcase your senior living community and the overall atmosphere by uploading photos and videos to your GMB profile. Add photos of not just the empty community but the lifestyle, including activities and events, so future residents and families can picture themselves there. It’s also important to keep these photos fresh and regularly add new content.
- Assess Insights and Analytics: GMB provides valuable insights into how customers find your community and what actions they take. This data can help you understand your audience better and make informed decisions to improve your marketing strategy. With a partner like SageAge, we’re here to help you understand these important metrics and incorporate Urchin Tracking Module (commonly known as UTM) tracking for additional data. UTM links help you track the performance of each of those links so you can see exactly where your traffic is coming from.
- Get Social: We recommend treating GMB like a social channel, with regular updates and content, to showcase everything happening at your community. Additionally, it’s a good idea to add other social media profiles to your GMB listing.
SageAge: Digital Marketing Experts for Senior Living Solutions
For senior living communities, Google My Business is a powerful tool to establish a strong online presence, improve local visibility, and engage with customers. It’s a fundamental part of a comprehensive digital marketing strategy, especially for businesses targeting a local audience.
When you partner with SageAge for your senior living digital marketing strategy, we’ll ensure your Google My Business profile is optimized for the best results. Want to learn more? Call or email Melinda Schmitz at 816.349.0464/[email protected].
SageAge is a multiple-award-winning strategic growth, marketing and consulting organization that operates exclusively in the unique senior living marketplace. We’d love to provide guidance and strategies to help you successfully accomplish your goals. Contact us today!