Spoiler alert: We don’t have a machine that can help you read minds. But we do have the next best thing: our Survey and Focus Group services.
“Understanding the true needs of your target markets is crucial to making correct business decisions and optimizing the potential of your business,” says Malissa Illiano, Vice President of Market Research for SageAge Strategies. “Our survey and focus group services help take some of the guesswork out of your decisions and give you actionable information to successfully plan new business endeavors, additions to existing offerings and more.”
Survey Services: Casting a Wide Net
Malissa says that when it comes to gathering data from a large and varied audience, SageAge’s survey services can help you reach the people you want to reach and get the insight you need. “Our survey services include creating, distributing, tabulating and analyzing the survey data and then compiling it into a comprehensive report,” she says. Here are just some of the specific surveys the SageAge team can conduct:
- Consumer preferences. Are you thinking about investing in a new development or considering updating your community to meet the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s seniors? Well, the best way to get the answers you want is to ask them! We’ll create surveys and send them to individuals who fit your target audience. Discover what the market is looking for with regards to floor plans, unit features, services, amenities and whatever else you’d like to find out.
- Community needs assessment. What does your local target market really want with regards to their current and future lifestyle? This survey specifically targets your audience to determine how your community aligns with their needs. The information you receive can help you make better strategic decisions for your organization into the future.
- Satisfaction surveys. Whether you’re interested in doing “pulse checks” with your current residents about a specific service or need, or if you just want to get a feel for your community’s overall satisfaction, this type of survey allows you to proactively learn what you’re doing well – and what you could improve upon.
- Cold/Lost lead surveys. What actually happens to those leads that just go silent? What’s their reasoning for choosing a competitor over you? Polling this very important audience can shine a light on these matters and help your sales staff sleep better at night!
- Post-tour surveys. Post-tour surveys are a great way to determine how well your community is doing with the sales process each and every time you interact with a potential resident. It’s also an excellent follow-up tool to continue lead engagement.
- Lead generation. It turns out that surveys are actually yet another tool for engaged and productive lead generation. SageAge has helped existing clients and new development create surveys to generate interest and potential leads for their communities.
Focus Group Services: Diving Deep
While surveys are great for helping you get a lot of information from a lot of different audience members, focus groups allow you to narrow in and gather more comprehensive, detailed and richer data from your target market. Focus groups usually consist of people that represent no more than 10 to 12 target market households. Participants are asked questions and encouraged to participate in open and candid conversations about the topic(s).
SageAge handles the implementation of focus groups from beginning to end, including generating participation, implementing the focus groups and compiling data into a comprehensive final report.
“Focus groups are an excellent way to interact with your target market because it gives you a chance to hold a meaningful dialogue, ask follow-up questions and get verbatim answers,” says Melissa. “When properly implemented, the information and data that comes out of these groups can be instrumental in building a successful business strategy for your community that will help you evolve and meet the demands of your current and future residents.”
Using the Right Tools for the Job
Just as we discussed in our blog post about SageAge’s consulting services, the senior living landscape is changing as the Baby Boomers enter and demand more from this market. “When it comes to gathering actionable data to build your business success for the future, surveys and focus groups should play a part in your new business plan,” says Melissa. “Best of all, there’s no right or wrong way to do them. We have some clients that will do a survey and follow it up with focus groups and some who just like to jump right in to focus groups to get the data they want. It’s up to you and your needs!”
By partnering with an expert like SageAge Strategies, says Melissa, you can be sure that your research teams are asking the right questions – and getting the right answers.
“As with any relationship, business or otherwise, communication is key,” she says. “SageAge partners to provide the right expertise that will help you build a strategy for success now and in the future.”
SageAge Strategies: Providing the Answers You Need
SageAge Strategies helps senior living communities through integrated marketing, consulting, lead generation solutions and more. Using industry best practices, innovative techniques and a drive to be a partner, not a servicer, we are here to help your communities thrive and GROW for today, tomorrow and beyond.
If you need assistance in any areas of senior living development and integrated growth strategy to improve your business results, we invite you to contact us today to learn more about our proven strategies that have transformed other senior living communities like yours.
For more information and to sign up for the GROW Sales Summit, click here.
SageAge Strategies is a multiple-award-winning, strategic growth, marketing and consulting organization that operates exclusively in the unique senior living marketplace. For more information, please call or email Jason McCloud at 614.795.7373 / email@example.com. You can also visit us on our website at https://www.sageage.com/.
Contact Us Today!