Blogging is one of them – and clearly one of the best.
The Power of Effective Blogs
Successful software entrepreneur and web influencer, Neil Patel, offers these words of wisdom on the exceptional power and value of blogging.
“All content is not created equal. Some content will make your search traffic skyrocket and improve your personal brand significantly. The smart strategy is to understand your target audience, get to know what questions keep them awake at night and take decisive action to provide them with the right answers.
“With the right content, you can grow your search traffic. You don’t need 100,000 readers each month to become successful or get noticed.
“When you decide to use other channels, such as Google AdWords or Facebook PPC, you should be ready to spend some money. But when you embrace blogging with passion, you’ll spend less and get more targeted leads and customers.”
Simply put, blogs deliver more leads at a lesser cost than other marketing options.
5 Key Tips That Will Make Your Blogs Deliver
Mr. Patel adds, “When you’re creating amazing content that people want to share on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media options, search engines will start to reward you soon with quality traffic.”
By following these 5 tips, you will take a giant step toward optimizing your blog’s impact and growth results.
1. User needs focused – We’ve all heard the phrase “Content is king” many times over. This rather overused term remains true because prospective customers have unique needs, problems and situations for which they are seeking solutions. As a result, your content is only useful to consumers – and beneficial to you – if it responds directly to what your customers want to hear about.
Going all the way back to Marketing 101, start by knowing your customers inside and out. Once you fully understand what makes them tick, then create content that speaks directly to them. They are not looking for generic lists of indistinguishable, commodity-like services. Rather, they are searching for tangible ways to resolve their problems as well as communities that best understand and respond to their particular circumstances.
2. Education and instructional “how-to” guides – Demonstration advertising (aka problem-solution) has long been considered one of the most effective forms of marketing. This technique focuses on a common consumer problem and demonstrates how you, the service provider, can help solve it. Educational or “how-to” blogs follow a similar thought process. You make yourself highly useful to your target audience by showing them how to solve a particular problem or achieve a particular goal that they are struggling with.
Experts tell us that these types of blogs are among the most sought after, linked to and shared content online. Why? Because they provide substantial value to your target audiences.
For example, if you provide memory care services, at-home caregivers are always seeking help. For them, blogs on topics such as: “How Holistic Therapies Soothe Your Loved One with Alzheimer’s Disease”; “How to Minimize ‘Sundowning’ Behaviors in Your Loved One”; and ”Coping Tips for Struggling at-Home Caregivers” can be very useful and appreciated.
For families considering assisted living for a loved one, topics such as, “How to Choose the Right Assisted Living Community” can be very effective.
3. Thought leadership – As the examples above illustrate, by sharing your expertise onvarious senior living topics, you not only ingratiate yourself to families seeking solutions, you also establish yourself as a thought leader or leading authority in your specific business and marketplace.
However, to achieve this lofty status, it is essential for you to commit to posting your blogs on a regular, scheduled basis. That way, your followers can anticipate your next posts. If you blog inconsistently with long periods between posts, interest will quickly fade and your target market will seek other sources of knowledge and expertise.
4. Authoritative and evidence-based sources – Use of independent data from expert sources to support your position or to reinforce your philosophy is another key to effective blogging. Using relevant information from respected sources adds to the credibility and authoritativeness of your content.
For example, if you are preparing a blog on the benefits of the music and art therapy programs you provide, it would be wise to cite recognized independent sources such as the Alzheimer’s Association and the Mayo Clinic. Both sources provide compelling evidence on the value of various holistic therapies.
A recent Forbes study found that marketers using responsive, data-driven messaging are six times more likely than their counterparts to achieve a competitive advantage and increase profitability.
Adds Mr. Patel, “Sharing your findings with others is a powerful way to drive traffic, build trust and establish your authority. When you do the research, which is hard work, people respect that. What’s more, people share it.”
5. Shareable and mobile – When you commit to producing a high quality, recurring blog, make sure you don’t just let it languish on your website. Promote it and amplify it via social media. When readers share your content through social media channels, they are providing you with another valuable source of word of mouth that has the potential of expanding exponentially.
Additionally, with the number of people (think busy adult children) using mobile devices increasing every day, make sure your blogs are mobile accessible. If they are not, you are missing a large and growing audience.
Studies have shown that social media has a higher lead-to-close rate than many of the traditional marketing tactics. A higher number of social media followers builds trust and credibility for your brand – a primary consideration in senior living decision making.
One More Thing…
Do not forget about the highly important blog presentation and formatting tips that we covered previously in this blog. These best practices ensure that your content is in the most readable, visually appealing and compelling form possible. These tips also increase the probability that your content will be read and will therefore generate the connectivity and interaction you are seeking.
If you’re in need of assistance in creating a winning blog series, SageAge Strategies can help you. We were recently honored by RetirementHomes.com with the 4th Annual National MOMBA (Mature Online Marketing Business Achievement) Award in the category of “Best Senior Living Blog” for a client community.
Learn More About Growth-Based Digital Marketing Best Practices Today
SageAge Strategies is the ideal partner for strategically growing your sales and building your census. If you are a senior living provider considering the need for assistance in growing your community through best-practice digital strategies, social media, integrated marketing and creative design, contact us today for more information.
SageAge Strategies is a multiple award-winning, strategic growth and marketing organization that operates exclusively in the senior living industry and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. For more information, please call or email Adrienne Mansfield Straub today at 570-601-1720 ext. 100 / email@example.com.