Facebook is the social networking site on the web. A Facebook page allows you to create a presence for your senior living community that looks and behaves just like the social user profiles. This page lets you connect and engage with your referral sources, residents, families and staff, as well as any potential residents. Facebook is easy to use. And best of all? It’s free!
Facebook allows you to create photo albums, gives you unlimited space to post messages and more. And unlike your website, updating your community’s Facebook page is easy, fast and FREE.
How Can Facebook Help Your Senior Living Community?
With Facebook, you can:
- Update your page effortlessly at any time keeping referral sources, residents, families and potential residents up-to-date
- Promote special events. For example: Join us for our Open House on Sunday!
- Post professional and personal happenings around the community. For example: We’re happy to welcome Jane Doe as our new Activities Director!
- Create photo albums to convey the lifestyle, services and amenities you offer.
- Feature resident news, activities, programs, etc.
Facebook offers limitless possibilities to educate, entertain and keep in touch with your referral sources, residents, families, team and potential residents.
Once you’ve got your Facebook page ready to roll, how do you get people to “LIKE” your page? Start by putting your information on your website or by sending a mass email. For example: Stay up to date with all the happenings at our senior living community! LIKE us on Facebook. Just go to www.Facebook.com, search (your page name) and LIKE us! You can also put signs up in your lobby, activities rooms, add it to your email signatures, add the information to any correspondence and include it on any marketing pieces.
Don’t Miss This Opportunity
Still not convinced that Facebook can be a sound marketing strategy?
Some Facebook Facts:
- The average Facebook user spends about twenty-one minutes plus per day at the online social network.
- The average Facebook user visits four times per day.
- Facebook is adding about three hundred and fifty thousand new users every day.
- Facebook has surpassed seventy million worldwide community members.
- Facebook’s size doubles every six months.
If your community doesn’t have a Facebook page, you’re missing out on an effective, free marketing strategy. Don’t waste another minute! Launch your page today!